Friday, December 26, 2008

The Holidays

Christmas is always a special time of year, but I'm glad it's over now and I'm ready for the new year. I went back to work last Monday and although I was dreading it at first, it does feel good to be a part of the outside world again. Kayla seems to like Kim (her daycare provider) and has been a good girl so far. It was so nice to go back to work on a short week. We had a nice, low-key evening at home on Christmas Eve and went to bed early so we could get up early and have a big breakfast and open presents. Christmas will be more fun for Kayla (and us) next year. On Christmas Day, we went to my friend Nicole's house for dinner. Her son Connor is only 2 weeks older than Kayla. Unfortunately, Kayla was cranky the whole time so I never got a chance to take a picture of them together on their 1st Christmas. Today, Devin and I took the day off because daycare was closed so we did a little after Christmas shopping and went out to breakfast. I'm feeling lazy now so I'll probably wait until tomorrow to take down the tree. We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and we wish you all a Happy New Year!

My little snow bunny is ready for winter, baby pink ugs and all!


Kayla's new trick, sticking her whole fist in her mouth.


Here is the view from our driveway looking up Jasmine Lane on Christmas. The snow on the mountains is really beautiful.




No comments: