Sunday, February 6, 2011

Full of Bull

That's the name of my Merrill Lynch softball team. WHAT? I know, pretty crazy right? Last time I played softball was in P.E. class in high school and I sucked at it. So what made me think I'd be any better now at 35 years old? Well, I do have some athletic capability. Plus, I couldn't let my friend Courtney down. They needed a minimum of 3 girls on the team in order to even qualify to enter the tournament. And after a couple of practices, I discovered that I'm actually not that bad and I even liked it! So our big day was last Saturday and we were all excited! Our first game was at 9 a.m. at Big League Dreams in Chino Hills. The weather was really nice too.

There I am in the center chasing after the ball way out in the outfield!
My first time up to bat, I hit it pretty good and made it to first base!

Thanks to Courtney's awesome hit, Sanford and I made it home!

It was a long day for Kayla. Luckily they had a cool playground.

Kayla even made a new friend.


As hard as we tried, we lost all three games. But we improved with each game and we all had so much fun! Apparantly, Bank of America has these tournaments every quarter. So Full of Bull is planning to come back in April to kick some softball butt!

Some of us got hotel rooms and planned on staying the night. (Just in case we made it to the championship game at 8:30 p.m. LOL!) It sure was nice to be able to relax after a long day of softball instead of deal with traffic going home. After we checked in and cleaned up, we headed over to BJ's for dinner.

No comments: