Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ho, Ho, Ho!

Kayla knows who Santa Clause is, but she doesn't quite understand the whole concept yet. I asked Devin to record her as we walked out to the living room first thing Christmas morning to capture her reaction when she saw all of the stockings stuffed with presents, but she was more excited about the fireplace being lit!

Hmmm. What else did Santa bring me?

A Dora sippy cup! Awesome!

Now, onto the big presents.
Wow! More food for her kitchen set!

Still, opening more presents...
It took a long time for her to open all her presents. Not because there were that many of them, but because she wanted to play with each item for a while before moving on to opening the next one. She really liked the Weebles Treehouse from Paw-Paw.

While Kayla was playing with her new toys, Devin and I went into the kitchen to cook breakfast and squeeze fresh orange juice. When it was time to eat, Kayla was missing. We looked all over the house. Then I heard noise coming from inside her new Dora playhut. So I grabbed the camera, aimed it through the tunnel and took this picture. And guess what she was doing in there?

Stuffing her face with chocolate! Oops, I thought I'd picked up all the treats from Santa and put them away. Apparently, I left a couple of Lindt truffles on the table and my little elf found them!

No comments: